1. Skilled Independent Visa (189) – Any applicant who possesses skill in any of the nominated occupation from the skilled occupation list, and do not have a sponsorship from any state or territory government department, employer or any family member can apply and seek permanent residency in Australia.
Since this visa stream is a competitive based migration visa, one need to score at least 65 points in the points-based visa score and be eligible for an invitation from the Department of immigration for applying for the visa. It is essential to meet the desired points score prior to expressing your interest to the Department of Immigration, and be ready with the documents as a proof of evidence for claiming points after the invitation is received.
Note: Receiving an invitation does not guarantee an applicant securing a permanent residency.
Duration of Visa: – Permanent/Lifetime
Eligibility: In order to be eligible one must be
(1) Skilled in a relevant occupation from the occupation list;
(2) Have a suitable assessment for the occupation;
(3) Meet the points test pass mark for 60 marks;
(4) Be under 45 years of age at the time of invitation;
(5) Must possess Competent English;
(6) Be invited by the Immigration department.